Welcome to the Exploring New Horizons Outdoor Schools at Sempervirens! We are so excited that you are coming to the redwood forest for a week of outdoor school. Our school is located on Bean Creek just a 25 minute drive from Santa Cruz. Schools come for both 4 and 5-day programs in which you will hike in the redwood forest, discover what’s living in the tidepools, go for a night hike, dance at the Barnyard Boogie and more!
Here is some information about our outdoor school and what you will be doing while you are here.
- Explore the tidepool and coastal ecosystems at Natural Bridges State Park
- Learn about the redwood forest while hiking along Bean Creek
- Sing songs about decomposition, adaptations, and the food chain
- The Town Hall Meeting, in which students debate and vote on a development issue
- The Barnyard Boogie, where students learn dances with our live band!
- The Night Hike, in which students go for a hike at night and learn about astronomy
- Skit Night, where students perform skits about the endangered species their cabin is named after
- Each evening ends with a campfire where naturalist sing songs and tell stories
See you soon!